Monday, September 1, 2008

tomorrow...

this year has been full of so many changes and growth beyond what i was prepared for. ending a relationship, turning 23, graduating college, having a job right after college and then quitting it 2 months later, serving in children's ministry at a satellite church, returning back to our rialto campus to serve with the kids, and now this....teaching!

and tomorrow is the big day!!

it will be my first day of teaching 4th grade! and as excited as i may be for that day to finally get here, i'm scared and nervous of how i will do in this new setting of my life. there is always the pressure of measuring up to the previous teacher (who retired, but everyone loved) and the added pressure of the parent's expectations of me. i know God has put me in this position for a reason and i'm so incredibly blessed by this opportunity, but i still wonder and worry how i'll do.

if i've learned anything from what God has been teaching me within this past year, it's to be confident in who God made me to be and the gifts in which he's given me. i know full well that i'm more than capable to do this job. working as a volunteer in my church's children's ministry and having worked at a summer camp as a counselor, i know God has been training and preparing me for this amazing blessing of being able to teach kids everyday in a Christian environment. so why worry then? :)

i guess tomorrow will tell...but if i know anything at all, i'm gonna be myself and have fun, trusting that God is gonna use me tomorrow and everyday this year!

2 comments:

Justina said...

I will be praying for you!
I know you will do amazing :)
Let me know how it goes, k?

kevmeg2008 said...

glad to hear all is well teaching! i miss you shmandy rocha! well- I TAGGED YOU IN MY BLOG! check it okk!- meg